The escargots de Bourgogne, snails, are simply cooked in vegetable stock with salt, pepper and natural flavours and then sterilized to ensure that you can then use the snails in any type of prepared dish and still taste the original freshness and unique Burgundy escargot flavour.
This package includes 24 reusable shells.
Snails in shells, Provençal recipe:
– Heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil in a pan, add escargots (number to be determined by chef) and let brown a few minutes.
– Then add ( minced): 2 or 3 shallots, 2 cloves of garlic, a handful of mushrooms, parsley, salt, pepper and let brown. Add some white wine, a bunch of mixed herbs, fennel and let cook slowly for 1 or 2 hours.
– Mix in breadcrumbs and 2 eggs. Remove from heat as soon as the sauce has the consistency of stuffing.
– Put 1 snail in each shell, then fill in with the stuffing and arrange the shells in a dish.
– Last, mix 2 cloves of garlic and a stick of parsley (all minced) and an equal amount of stuffing and sprinkle on the shells, then bake.